Sunday, December 5, 2010

New Hobbies inspired by fandom.


A sweet friend asked me to write a "guest blog" for her site (I gave her the best one.) and I got carried away and wrote 3 blogs about Richard Armitage the English actor from so many series I love. So I figured mustn't let them go to waste so here is one of the back up blogs...


There are so many reasons to find new hobbies and outlets for your energy but as I get older I find I need a spark to get some of my creative juices flowing to inspire this old broad to reach new heights. Many things have in the past sparked that flow in my old bones, an art exhibit in a local gallery, a free art lesson, my child’s face in the perfect photograph, a perfect cd or even a professional conference (Okay maybe not so much on that last one…). Once in a blue moon something extra ordinary enters my life and I am enamored, some say obsessed. The glorious Richard Armitage has been that spark in a transformation for me. I mean just look at these eyes. and his glorious brooding moments.





Just the thought of his chin, tones of his chocolate voice or even his cocked head eyebrow raise makes me feel 18 again. So dear Richard let me count the ways you have inspired me to face new challenges and conquer some old ones… You have…
  1. introduced me to a whole new profession. Hacking VCR/DVD codes to play all region DVDs.       Since many of your earliest work does not make it to my shores it was a skill I found necessary.
  2. honing my google skills to near precise perfection so I can see your latest works and share them with my friends.
  3. inspiring me to read more than I ever thought possible about the legend of Robin Hood.
  4. opening my eyes to so many creative outlets, adobe photoshop and i-movie to name a couple.
  5. allowing me to hear music on a whole new level. Can I make the perfect Richard i-movie with this or this would be a perfect soundtrack to my fan fiction story about Guy.
  6. inspiring me to get this flabby old lady booty on the treadmill. Thanks goodness so much of his works are miniseries. I can do 45 minute sessions smiling all the way up and down 7% grades now.
  7. inspiring me to dust off my old fiction essays and start some new fan fiction and finish them…
  8. gotten me through a rather rough health patch with the North and South  and Robin Hood season 1&2 DVD collections. It just takes forever and it is beyond boring with nothing to do or watch while you get transfusions. “I am just sayin’ ”.
  9. made me wiser about the debate of character loyalties and inspired me to take up arms in defense of my friends. and lastly
  10. introduced me to a whole new set of friends all over the world, fan boards and underground cyber community.

 So Thank You Richard, even though you will never know who I am, you have taught me some fun and interesting life lessons. May your career be long and eventful. So cheers Richard, may your body of work provide many more beautiful stories and images to inspire and entertain others and me.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely. :) I have learned/experienced a few things you mentioned in your list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nat! I am so happy you came to visit me. He does inspire us to branch out and be our best. You inspired me to fit blogging into my day. I always wanted to but finally I thought Oh goodness if Nat can manage it I sure can.
    Thanks again. Ann

    ReplyDelete